# Projectmanagement - Selftest 5
_<span class="right">Inhalte von Prof. Dr. Kurt Englmeier</p>_
1. You are the project manager of the OQH Project and are working with the project stakeholders to determine the project requirements. You and the stakeholders are discussing as many solutions to the project as possible. A recorder documents all of the solutions on a white board so everyone can see the ideas and how they may be related. After the solutions have been documented, you lead the group through a voting process to discuss and rank each idea and requirement that has been proposed. What is this requirements gathering called?
B. Nominal group technique
C. Affinity diagram creations
2. You are the project manager for the HGD Project and will need as many inputs to the scope planning as possible. Of the following, which one is not an organizational process asset?
A. Organizational procedures
B. Organizational policies
D. Historical information
3. You are a project manager for your organization. Sarah, a project manager in training, wants to know which project documents can stem from templates? Your answer should be what?
A. Risk policies
B. Organizational policies
C. Scope management plans
D. Historical information
4. You are the project manager for a technical project. The project product is the complete installation of a new operating system on 4,500 workstations. You have, in your project cost and time estimates, told the customer that the estimates provided will be accurate if the workstations meet the hardware requirements of the new operating system. This is an example of which of the following?
D. Order of magnitude
5. You are the project manager for the NBG Project. This project must be completed within six months. This is an example of which of the following?
D. Planning process
6. Which of the following best describes the project scope statement?
A. The description of the project deliverables
B. The authorizing document that allows the project manager to move forward with the project and to assign resources to the tasks
C. The process of managing all of the required work—and only the required work—to create the project's deliverables
D. The process of planning and executing all of the required work in order to deliver the project to the customer
7. During the planning phase of your project, your project team has discovered another method to complete a portion of the project scope. This method is safer for the project team, but may cost more for the customer. This is an example of:
A. Risk assessment
B. Alternative identification
C. Alternative selection
D. Product analysis
8. You are the project manager of a large software development project. There are hundreds of requirements that need to be documented, annotated, and communicated to the project stakeholders. Management would also like to you report when the requirements should be created and when they're actually created by the project team. What document can help you monitor all of the characteristics of each requirement?
A. Project management plan
B. Configuration management plan
C. Requirements traceability matrix
D. Project communications management plan
9. You are the project manager for the JHN Project. Mike, a project manager you are mentoring, does not know which plan he should reference for guarding the project scope. Which of the following plans does Mike need?
A. The scope management plan
B. The scope change control system
C. The scope verification
D. The scope charter
10. You are the project manager for the JKL Project. This project has more than 45 key stakeholders and will span the globe when implemented. Management has deemed that the project's completion should not cost more than $34 million. Because of the global concerns, the final budget must be in U.S. dollars. This is an example of which of the following?
B. Budget constraint
C. Management constraint
D. Hard logic
11. You are the project manager for your organization. You need to ensure the customer formally accepts the deliverables of each project phase. This process is known as...
A. Earned value management
B. Scope verification
C. Quality control
D. Quality assurance
12. Which of the following is an output of scope verification?
C. Formal acceptance
D. SOW acceptance
13. Where can the project manager find work package information such as the code of an account identifier, a statement of work, information on the responsible organization, quality requirements, and information on the required resources?
A. Project plan
C. WBS dictionary
D. Project management plan
14. You are a project manager for a large manufacturer. Your current project is to create a new manufacturing assembly line that will allow your organization to create its products with less downtime and faster turnaround time for its clients. A stakeholder has presented a change request for your project, which will likely increase the cost and time needed to complete the project. All of the following components are not part of the change control system except for which one?
A. Adding more team members to the project to get the project work done faster
B. Outsourcing portions of the project execution to transfer risk
C. Tracking systems for the proposed change
D. Documenting the project and how the manufacturing assembly should work
15. A project team member has, on his own initiative, added extra vents to an attic to increase air circulation. The project plan did not call for these extra vents, but the team member decided they were needed based on the geographic location of the house. The project team's experts concur with this decision. This is an example of:
A. Cost control
B. Ineffective change control
C. Self-led teams
D. Value-added change
16. Which of the following is an output of scope control?
B. Recommended corrective action
D. Risk assessment
17. You are the project manager for the JHG Project. Your project is to create a new product for your industry. You have recently learned your competitor is also working on a similar project, but their offering will include a computer-aided program and webbased tools, which your project does not offer. You have implemented a change request to update your project. This is an example of which of the following?
A. A change due to an error or omission in the initiation phase
B. A change due to an external event
C. A change due to an error or omission in the planning phase
D. A change due to a legal issue
18. You are the project manager for a pharmaceutical company. A new government regulation will change your project scope. For the project to move forward and be in accordance with the new regulation, your next action should be?
A. Prepare a new baseline to reflect the government changes
B. Notify management
C. Present the change to the CCB
D. Create a feasibility study
19. You have finished the project scope according to plan. For the customer to accept the project, what must happen next?
A. Nothing. The plan is complete, so the project is complete.
B. Scope verification should be conducted.
C. Lessons learned should be finalized.
D. Proof-of-concept should be implemented.
20. You are the project manager for an airplane manufacturer. Your project concerns the development of lighter, stronger material for commercial jets. As the project moves towards completion, different material composition is considered for the deliverable. This is an example of which of the following?
A. Program management
B. Alternatives identification
C. Quality assurance
D. Regulatory guidelines
21. You are the project manager of a large project. Your project sponsor and management have approved you to outsource portions of the project plan. The ...
must document project scope management decisions.
A. Project sponsor
B. Organization's management
D. Project management team
22. A project team member has asked you what project scope management is. Which of the following is a characteristic of project scope management?
A. It defines the baseline for project acceptance.
B. It defines the requirements for each project within the organization.
C. It defines the processes to ensure that the project includes all the work required—and only the work required—to complete the project successfully.
D. It defines the functional managers assigned to the project.
23. One of the stakeholders of the project you are managing asks why you consider the scope statement so important in your project management methodology. You answer her question with which of the following?
A. It is mandatory to consult the plan before authorizing any change.
B. Project managers must document any changes before approving or declining them.
C. The project scope statement serves as a reference for all change requests to determine if the change is in or out of scope.
D. The project plan and EVM work together to assess the risk involved with proposed changes.
24. A WBS serves as an input to many of the project management processes. Of the following, which is not true?
A.WBS serves as an input to activity sequencing.
B. WBS serves as an input to activity definition.
C. WBS serves as an input to resource planning.
D. WBS serves as an input to cost budgeting.
25. You are the project manager of the WIFI Project. You would like to meet with a stakeholder for scope verification. Which of the following is typical of scope
A. Reviewing changes to the project scope with the stakeholders
B. Reviewing the performance of the project deliverables
C. Reviewing the performance of the project team to date
D. Reviewing the EVM results of the project to date